Saturday, June 25, 2011


Water bottle+Lace scraps+Double stick tape=Lovely


Invitations by Erin * Sparkle & Hay

If you love all things rustic chic then that pretty much guarantees that you love the fluttery-lacy goodness that are paper doilies. Inexpensive, easy to find & just plain pretty, paper doilies are quite possibly the most versatile paper product you can use in a wedding DIY. Make your own paper cones, cupcake wrappers, seating charts, garlands and… of course… invitations! When I happened upon the lovely website of Avie Designs I was instantly charmed by her invite designs & even more thrilled to find her FABulous DIY for making your very own doily invites!

Are they not the most adorable things?! I just love that you can make all 3 with just 2 doilies!

What you’ll need:

2 Circular Doily (12″ diameter pictured)
A2 size cards & envelopes
knife w/ sharp blade
ruler
cutting board
tacky glue
1 sheet printer paper

I’ll take you through the steps in photos, but be sure to check out Avie Design’s post for the full detailed tutorial!

Card #1

& Card #2

jjj

& #3 – DIY doily envelope liner

I’ll totally admit that this last one is my favorite; I’m such a sucker for a good envelope liner!!!! Be sure to go check out the rest of Avie Design’s beautiful blog & work on her site here!


No comments:

Post a Comment